Indoor Rock Climbing Holds
A consistently better climbing hold
Climbing Holds by Proxy Productions
- The integrity of the plastic is key to maintain hold strength and durability. Homogenous pour, consistent wall and edge thickness, centered holes on cylindrical bosses, smooth interior surfaces, straight structural webbing, consistent color, smooth & sanded flats, symmetric negative spaces where applicable, constant surface offsets.
- We meet or exceed strength properties amoung competitors. Check out these strength test results from a third-party
- Tonal variation is frustrating to deal with and can make your gym look bush-league. Our color consistency matches industry standards and UV protection is integrated in every dye used.
- We specialize in a new hollow-back process that minimizes material use and reduces shipping costs significantly.
- Customer Service
- It’s hard to believe but a lot of companies aren’t great at this, or even good at it for that matter. We’re mentioning this for a very important reason. We started this company to manufacture holds specifically for climbers; not produce random plastic jobs for people. We know there are a lot of qualities that large plastics producers are lacking, including customer service. As a result, we prioritize being proactive, responsive, and collaborative.
Proxy Productions is a Vertical Solutions division that unifies a core team of experienced chemists, researchers, engineers, climbers, and climbing-business professionals to distributes climbing holds. Under this umbrella, gym owners and route setters can purchase from any of our 13 partner brands. We sell these holds through our Habit Climbing brand.
For Gym Owners
At Proxy Productions, Vertical Solutions' in-house hold manufacturer, our goal is to supply and connect gym owners with high-quality, reputable hold brands. We surpass the industry's lofty standards for quality, including exact matches to standard colors, durable and chip-proof material, and consistent hollow-backing to reduce hold weight.
When you build a climbing gym with Vertical Solutions, you get instant access to wholesale pricing on hold orders from an assortment of top brands through a streamlined process. More importantly, Vertical Solutions offers you a significant credit for holds and volumes as part of your climbing wall purchase. This alone can save you thousands of dollars in startup costs.
“Ordering Proxy-produced holds from Habit Climbing is super easy. It's nice because they produce for a lot of brands so we get a lot of choice from visiting just one site. We aren’t locked into one or two brands of holds to choose from. It's also nice because they are all the same level of quality. We actually order a whole variety of our gym supplies from there, not just holds. It’s a huge advantage of our relationship with VS.”
For Hold Brands
The new Proxy Productions brings together a core team of experienced chemists, engineers, climbers and climbing-business professionals to create a new source for climbing holds that places the brand owner’s interests first and foremost.
Proxy Productions' goal is to supply and connect climbing gym owners with extremely high-quality hold brands that they wouldn't normally be exposed to, while maintaining cost-efficiency and product quality for both gym owner and hold brand.
Through its relationship with Vertical Solutions and Habit Climbing, Proxy Productions gives hold brands a sales and production platform to be successful and to sell innovative shapes at any volume to gym owners from coast-to-coast: something unmatched by other more traditional plastics producers. Proxy is truly the climber’s hold production company.
“We’re a small brand trying to have a real solid and well-rounded product offering for gyms. We don’t have the resources to reach out to a lot of gyms directly for sales calls but we know they would be willing to give us a try if we did. So the fact that Proxy had an established sales channel for us to be in front of a TON of gyms nationwide was a huge attraction to us. We are getting in front of gym owners and employees that we would never have the time to tackle. And we have seen a lot of positive response and orders from it. For us, it was a no-brainer to use Proxy.”